“As one of the Fund’s partners for over seven years we have never felt that we were being ‘dictated to’– it has been one of the most equal partnerships that we have experienced with any donor organization.”Anindya Hajra, Pratyay Gender Trust, India
Our Commitment to the Cause
The Fund is committed to operating in a way that reflects the core beliefs that underpin our work. To keep us true to our principles, we are guided by five fundamental values:
- Respect: We respect the knowledge and wisdom of local activists and trust that they know how best to achieve social change in their communities.
- Integrity: We are honest and accountable to our grantees, board members, donors, peers, and each other.
- Agility: We strive to be flexible, responsive, quick, and innovative in our grantmaking so that grassroots groups get the support they need, when they need it.
- Sustainability: We understand that creating lasting social change is difficult work that takes time, so we stick with grantees for the long-haul and stand with them when times are tough.
- Inclusivity: We seek to harness the talent and energy of everyone who can contribute to our work, regardless of their background, so we seek out grantees, staff, board members, and allies that bring diverse skills and perspectives to our organization.